One sentence BIG IDEA:
Prepare your company/clients for a data breach. In 2018, 67% of small businesses experienced a cyber attack, 58% experienced a data breach. The ramifications include losing the trust of your customers to ransom ware that cripples your company.
If you can’t prepare a full-blown crisis plan, have a holding statement ready.
What to include in a data breach holding statement:
· Regret inconvenience or concern caused by the incident.
· Commitment to protecting your information.
· Actions business is taking to remediate the situation such as working with cyber security experts and law enforcement.
· Steps the client/consumer can take to protect their information.
· Next steps your company is taking and who they can contact for more information.